Monday, November 5, 2012

random acts-{three-five}

The first five days of my 30-day challenge have been...well, challenging. It is amazing that it has been the exact medicine I need lately. It forces me out of the house, it fills me with joy and I am starting to notice the tiny acts all around me. The ones that won't make this list because they are expected, but they are also nice. They are also kind acts. Waving ahead the car in front of you, holding the door open for some one, returning some one else's shopping cart and the nice dude that unscrewed the cap of my oil tank for me today when I couldn't get it to budge.

This project is affirming my belief that people, in general, are good.

As for the latest? I will have to admit, not so random. I refuse to rename this list "intentional acts of kindness" but aside from the "would you like to donate a dollar towards ______ today?" and smaller things mentioned above, nothing has really jumped out at me.




{three}

I have been going through my belongings (which have been packed up all summer long) to try to weed out some of the things that I am not bringing with me when we move. Things that are more Montana than Seattle or more toddler than preschool. I came across a few old magazines and about a half a bottle of fabric softener. Seeing as I haven't used fabric softener in about a year, I decided to save them from the landfill and drop them off at the laundry mat down the road. I threw in a kids book just for fun (and because Eldon has, like, twenty million books.)

Hopefully these will provide some entertainment while waiting on a load to dry, and given the nature of the magazines (Cosmo) there might just be a verrrrry happy couple with clean clothes and some awesome pointers tonight. *wink wink*





{four}

A long long time ago, I came across this list of 21 ways to enjoy being a Mom. I loved it, I unintentionally memorized it and the things mentioned in it creep into my thoughts often. I have since printed out copies and stuck them in cards at baby showers. So, I printed out a few extras. I placed them in baby sections at places we visited. On diaper packs, on the registry kiosk at Target, and near the formula, bottles, and breastpumps.




{five}

This act was inspired by a friend's Facebook post about her son being a trooper in the (super boring) tire shop. Last September, I took advantage of the back-to-school sales and stocked up on art supplies for Eldon. I maybe, sorta, probably, went a little overboard and bought enough for a large classroom. So we divided up one of the many big ole boxes of crayons and printed off some free color pages. We stuck a little note in each one to let strangers knew that it was intentionally left there, and dropped them off at places Eldon deemed "boring," including the tire shop.





Special voter edition tomorrow! Hopefully I can think up something to do before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment